Founded in Berlin in 1995, Gestalten is best known for its more than 600 books about contemporary creative culture, the majority of which are conceived inhouse. They document and anticipate vital movements in design, lifestyle, illustration, architecture, fashion, photography, travel, and art. Providing both inspiration and practical value, they explore new creative fields in ways not yet seen before.
If you are searching for a diverse range of challenges in an international and inspiring workplace, and, if you are no stranger to visual culture, we look forward to your application as Copy Writer.
- An international, open-minded, and creative work environment
- Open office culture in an attractive, growing company
- Flat hierarchies and efficient decisions
- Degree in communication studies, journalism, linguistic studies or equal work experience
- Several years of experience as a copy writer and managing copy-writers, copy-editors and proofreaders and/or similar position in a relevant area
- Native speaker or fluent in both German and US English
- A passion for and experience in copy writing and copy-editing
- Experience in handling and assuring quality for numerous translations and transcreations at the same time
- Good organization is one of your biggest strengths, you are proactive and always communicate clearly
- Impeccable attention to detail
Your responsibilities will include:
- Researching and writing clear, concise and original copy for our non-fiction illustrated books and children’s titles, this can include profiles and project texts, and project texts, features, headlines, captions, and glossaries
- Copy writing and editing text for sales material, like catalogue and back cover texts
- Proofreading copy to check spelling and grammar
- Acquisition and pooling of freelancers (copy writers, translators, copy editors and proofreaders)
- Briefing of writers and copy editors in close collaboration with our editors
- Assessing text quality of texts by external copy writers, translators, copy editors and proofreaders, giving feedback and ensuring a consistent quality in line with our in-house style guide
- Working on several projects at once, sometimes under pressure and often to tight deadlines
We look forward to receiving your application including sample texts by email to work [at] gestalten.com. Please use the subject line ”STAFFx Copy Writer”.