Founded in Berlin in 1995, Gestalten is best known for its more than 600 books about contemporary creative culture, the majority of which are conceived in house. They document and anticipate vital movements in design, lifestyle, illustration, architecture, fashion, photography, travel, and art. Providing both inspiration and practical value, they explore new creative fields in ways not yet seen before.
We are looking for a Senior Communications Manager who will be responsible for positioning the Gestalten’s communication across all channels.
You develop and nurture strong relationships with media and work on the day-to-day planning and execution of Communication projects. You will secure key placements in press, including both print and online publications focusing on design, lifestyle, fashion and culture.
You have a deep understanding for our industry and target group and are the key person to spread the word about our activities nationally and internationally. Together with Sales & Marketing you will be responsible for defining and implementing a 360 degree communication strategy in order to drive traffic, conversion, and brand image.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Developing an effective internal and external communication strategy across all channels
- Leading the in-house communication teams and managing the work with agencies/external partners
- Drive PR innovation through digital media, bloggers and influencers
- Ensure a consistent and clear message in line with company mission and philosophies throughout relevant communication channels
- Direct the production and approval of press releases, photography and other PR tools necessary to communicate image and product
- Track and evaluate the outcome of Communication activities together with Sales & Marketing in order to generate learnings for future activities
- University Degree in Media & Communications or similar
- At least 5-7 years and a minimum of 2 years of experience in a leadership position in PR, marketing or communication with a strong track record
- Strong relationships with consumer and design press; detailed knowledge of emerging media and design trends
- Strong track record in securing press results and feature story coverage
- Passion for design, specific design industry experience is a strong positive
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills in both German and English
- Strategic thinker with a result-focused approach and positive forward-looking mindset with “can do” attitude
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks and changing priorities
- Excellent team player who can communicate well across multiple teams
- A diverse set of tasks spanning a wide range of cutting-edge editorial topics
- A vibrant, international workplace
- Open corporate culture in a charming and growing company
To apply send an email including your resume, your desired salary and your availability to work [at] gestalten.com, the subject line should read „STAFFx Senior Communications Manager“.